header

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Recap

I had a good week. Training felt right on.  I really like my training plan and I love the Jeff Galloway method.  Its a good fit for me.  

So after yesterdays long run I realized I had to have try out some nutrition.  Off to Krogers I went and bought one of everything they had, which wasn't much, it's a start.  I have a really sensitive stomach and I am very nervous about eating anything while I run.  I realized now I have to.  So this is what I bought. 


A pack of Cliff Shot Blocks
Power Bar Gels Strawberry-Banana 
2 small Larabar's (I love these)
2 Cliff MoJo bars 

I know the Lara and MoJo aren't actual like runner's whatever but I like them and I know I know they won't upset my stomach.  I've also ordered a sample pack of Island Boost to try out.

I decided to give the Cliff Shot Blocks a try today.  I had 3 miles on the schedule today. I wasn't going to push at all today and I was going to run the hills around my house. I went out and did about 2 miles, swung past my house and grabbed some water and two shot blocks.  They tasted good, didn't mess with my stomach.  One thing, they were kinda hard to open.  I think I am going to take these on my next long run. 

Here's the plan for this week.

Monday- Rest
Tuesday- 3.5 miles + ST
Wednesday- Crosstraining 40 minutes + ST
Thursday- 3.5 miles
Friday- Rest
Saturday- I'm running my first 5k! (hopefully if the weather holds out)
Sunday- 4 miles. 

I'm supposed to do 7 miles on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Since I'm going to do a 5k on Saturday I'm going put off the 7 miles till next week and up my 3 mile run to 4 on Sunday.  I have lots of wiggle room in my training plan and I don't want to push a 7 mile run the day after my first race!

I'm off to have some fun with my kiddo this week so I don't know if I'll be posting for a few days!  Have a great week!

PS- We had a great little bike ride last night, well my boys rode I walked/ran with them.  I snapped this picture of my husband (if your reading this hi baby!)  He's pretty cool when he wants to be and some awesome person bought him a pretty kick ass bmx bike for christmas! 



I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment